I was thinking about this today, and came up with a list. Here are my top ten reasons you know you're a Habs' fan:
10. When you blow out the candles on your birthday cake, your wish is for a big, right-handed centre.
9. When the clue in crossword puzzles is "A city in Finland," your first response is always "Turku."
8. You actually have an opinion about the summer workout regimen of a 21-year-old fat goalie.
7. When playing pickup, you will not wear the numbers 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 16, 18, 19, 23, 29 or 33 because they're retired.
6. The number 21, 273 means something to you.
5. Bob Cole's call of the final minute of the 1993 Stanley Cup Final can still make you choke up a little. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcGsHvjMS00
4. March 17 is the anniversary of the Richard Riot. St.Patrick is a Conn Smythe-winning goalie.
3. A Habs' loss has been known to put you out of "the mood." A win, on the other hand...
2. You refuse to write "leaf" with a capital "L."
And, the number one reason you know you're a Habs' fan:
1. You do not actually speak good French, but you watch eighty-two games a year, plus playoffs, on RDS and completely understand what Houde, Demers et al. are talking about. And you wouldn't trade it for anything.