1. Who'd shock you the most as a Habs hero if they were to win the series?
a) Sergei Kostitsyn
b) Maxim Lapierre
c) Ryan O'Byrne
d) Georges Laraque, in a startling return
2. Is Halak good enough to steal the series?
a) Yes, he's not lost all year when facing forty or more shots, which is about what we can expect on Thursday
b) No, he looked bad under pressure in the last game of the season
c) I don't know because even though he was good in the regular season, we haven't seen him under the gun in the playoffs yet
d) Halak sucks, start Price! No, Price blows, start Halak! No...
3. What, aside from goaltending is the most important X factor for Montreal?
a) playoff experience among its veterans
c) no-quit attitude
d) Hal Gill's ten-foot stick
4. What's the Caps' biggest weakness?
a) They're under huge pressure to win.
d) Ovechkin becoming easily distracted by inventing new goal celebrations
5. Is it possible to slow Ovechkin down enough to neutralize him?
a) No, they'll just have to focus on controlling the other potent scorers in that lineup.
b) Yes, they've done it a couple of time this season already.
c) Maybe, if Ovechkin isn't himself under pressure, as we saw in the Olympics
d) Possibly, if they send some local talent to his hotel room to entertain him late the night before.
6. On the PP, the Caps and Habs are one-two in the league. On the PK, however, the Habs are considerably more efficient, at 83% versus the Caps' 78.8% Can the Habs PP take advantage of that Washington weakness well enough to make a difference?
a) Yes, Bergeron's shot is a potent weapon and is just rounding back to form after his injury layoff.
b) No, the Caps won't take enough penalties to give the Habs a chance
c) Perhaps, if the Canadiens can manage to get some traffic in front of the net and shoot often.
d) Only if O'Byrne and Gill are used as a human wall in front of Theodore.
7. Metropolit is shooting the puck and skating hard. If he's able to make a miracle comeback, will he make a difference?
a) Yes, it takes gritty guys like him to rally the team, and he's great in the playoffs.
b) No, we're not exactly talking about the return of Saku from cancer here.
c) Maybe, if he's able to take a hit and can stabilize the fourth line.
d) Even if he manages to come back, it might mean the Habs are out of miracles for the year.
8. What's the worst thing Martin can do to hinder the team's chances?
a) bench Sergei Kostitsyn
b) bench Ryan O'Byrne
c) sit on a one-goal lead
c) coach the team in the playoffs
9. If, by some miracle, the Canadiens can beat Washington, how far do you think they can go?
a) All the way, baby! Taking down the Caps would be a sign it's their year.
b) To the second round, then they'd lose to Brodeur and the Devils
c) To the third round, before the miracles run out
d) Crescent Street, where the rioting and drinking would ensure half the team has to resign the following day.
10. If, as predicted by every expert on earth, the Caps win quickly and easily, what positive memory will you take from this season?
a) the arrival of Benoit Pouliot
b) the emergence of Halak in net
c) the return of Tomas Plekanec to solid production
d) the Centennial game, in which all the greats reminded us of what this team stands for, but may never see again