As August rolls along, the Canadiens are thinking about the coming season. There was a nice interview with Josh Gorges on RDS today, discussing his anticipation of getting back on the ice. Training camp will be here in just a few weeks and the contenders for lineup spots are just about set. All except one. Carey Price remains a restricted free agent and the number-one goalie slot is glaringly empty. This has many Habs fans, already possible candidates for anti-depressant clinical trials, fighting each other for the best spots on the ledge. They really don't need to worry, though. Carey Price has legitimate reasons for why he's not signed his contract yet. Here are his top ten excuses:
10. My horse ate my contract.
9. I was mobbed by girls who wanted me to sign their boobs and one of them took my pen.
8. I took it into the sweat lodge to ponder it and it got all soggy.
7. I wanted my signing bonus in Molson's products, but my agent says ten percent of a 2-4 isn't good enough.
6. I was in Church, asking God to send a hundred million moths to eat up my barber pole sweater and they got my contract instead.
5. I was out in the back country and I ran out of toilet paper.
4. I did sign it. I put "The Franchise," but the league said it wasn't valid.
3. I made a paper airplane out of it while I was sitting on the bench during the playoffs.
2. You know how I roll. I'll get to it. September's weeks away.
1. Na na na na na na na na, hey hey hey goodbye! PSYCH!!