Monday, January 24, 2011

Jacques Martin's Secret Notes

I bet you've probably been wondering what Jacques Martin is actually looking at when he pulls that folded sheet of paper from the inside pocket of his jacket during games. We'll probably never really find out, and if we did, it'd probably be boring. That leaves us free to imagine the top ten most likely things contained in Martin's secret notes. Here's a guess:

10. When in doubt, Moen to the first line.

9. Muller Muller bo buller, banana fana fo fuller, fee fi mo muller, Muller!

8. Solid suit, striped shirt, solid tie. Striped suit, solid shirt, patterned tie.

7. Bench Subban Eller.

6. We're losing tonight, but at least I'm out of Ottawa.

5. Ohm.

4. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

3. To Do: Pick up gel, return call from Battle of the Blades, make quiche, convince Melnyk Pierre McGuire would be a great GM, Russian lesson

2. I'm on a horse.

And the number one item in Jacques Martin's secret notes:

1. Roses are red and violets are blue. I might be dull, but I'm richer than you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or playing hangman by himself!

If it were me, and it's not me but what if? I wouldn't go so far as to say that he's doing it but it's true sometimes and if we (as fans) see it coming then it'll be ok...it's just too funny sometimes that Muller thinks that way TOO!

moeman said...

Good stuff J.T.

Anonymous said...

I'm on a horse!!!

Genius! You have given me such a good laugh after a hard day...
Never stop blogging!!!!!NEVER!
You are the 1st place I go to for intelligent habs talk...with the 4 habs fans a close 2nd.

U rock!!!!

Anonymous said...

@ anon - The irony of going to 4habsfans for "intelligent" habs talk amuses me. And not that this site isn't usually intelligent, but that certainly isn't the first word that comes to mind when reading this post. "Clever", definitely. "Witty", absolutely. But not intelligent.

dwgs said...

@ anon of the second part - Lighten up Francis.