Friday, April 17, 2009

Horrible Dream!

Ugh. I hate falling asleep in the afternoon because that's when you remember all your weird dreams most clearly. But, I had an early-morning start today and couldn't help it. Anyway...I had the worst dream. And the thing is, I wouldn't put it out of the realm of reality.

Brian Burke has been saying he wants to land John Tavares and will do everything in his power to move up in the draft, right? Well, I dreamed that he found out Garth Snow wants Viktor Hedman with the first pick, and knew Tampa would be taking Tavares. So Burke packaged up Grabovski (sign and trade), Kulemin, Tlusty, Stefanovich and Kaberle, as well as the leafs' number-seven pick in the first round and their second round pick this year and their first and second picks next year. In exchange he got Vincent Lecavalier, the first-overall pick this year and Tampa's second next year.

Now, this is just a bad dream of course. And although it has nothing directly to do with the Habs, outside the sheer horror of both Lecavalier and Tavares lining up for the leafs, it worries me that it's not outside the realm of possibility that Burke could cook up a deal with Tampa's crazy owners. They need to dump Vinny's contract, and the empty Toronto roster would be a perfect dumping ground. And the leafs need a superstar from their own backyard to appease fans who are facing a painful rebuild. Tavares is the perfect candidate.

Needless to say, I won't be napping in the afternoon for a while.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You say it's a dream. To me, it's a nightmare.

Eternal Pessimist said...

The scary thing is that I could see that happening.....

NailaJ said...

You thought all of that up in a dream!? Pretty impressive!