Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Habs vs. Devils - Just Score A Goal Edition

Notes on the third:

-On reflection, I think that goal was the stupidest goal I've seen in a very long time. I think the last one Price allowed like that was the one that hit the glass, then hit him in the back of the head to fall into the net. Man, that guy's unlucky!

-RDS guys talking about the return of Latendresse tomorrow sound like the boys in "Stand By Me" when they discovered Playboy and beers.

-Hey Martin! Two minutes for lookin' so good!

-Halak looks really bored and disillusioned on the bench. I want to keep him, but he's not happy.

-After fifteen minutes of a tied third, you can see the Devils change their game plan to "wait for a mistake and if we don't get one, go to OT for the point." That sucks.

-Well, that was to be expected, I guess. I hate it when they tease enough to make us think they'll pick up a point, then...they don't.


Notes on the second:


-I wonder how good Brodeur would have been if his D hadn't blocked twenty shots a night for fifteen years?

-I wish some of the ex-players of other teams would haunt their former mates the way ex-Habs do. It's Gomez, ghost of Devils past!

-Plekanec is playing some smart hockey tonight. He looks like he's sick of Brodeur too.

-Pacioretty takes more hits than a pinata. I wonder if he's filled with candy?

-Price just isn't a shutout goalie. That's two he's scored on himself in the last week by trying to play pucks going over his head.

-Is there no end to the injuries? If Hamrlik is out for any length of time, they might as well bring Breezer back.

-Lemaire is NOT aging well. He looks like Hannibal Lecter. Maybe the Devils play that style because they're afraid he'll eat them if they don't.

-Earlier today I just wanted a goal. Now I want the win. Go get 'em, boys!



Notes on the first:

-Didn't see it. I was at a Christmas concert, but thank you Travis Moen, for granting my holiday wish.

-Seems they still can't stay out of the bloody penalty box.

2 comments:

Joël said...

Finally! Someone solved the "Lemaire has success as a coach" mystery! ;)

Shari said...

So I checked in between the first and second to get your thoughts on how the game was going so far and was disappointed to not see them! So just so you know ... you're thoughts are ALWAYS much appreciated from this Habs fan!

Glad that Brodeur didn't break the record shutting out the Habs tonight. Too bad that they didn't get the win though. And too bad that Halak looked bored. I hope that he doesn't get shipped out too soon and without getting something in return. I'm gonna miss him.