Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Holiday Wish

I'm not hoping for a Stanley Cup this year. Okay, well, I am hoping for a Cup, but in the way that you hope to win the lottery or that there will be a comprehensive global carbon reduction strategy emerging from Copenhagen. I'm not hoping the Habs finish first or even that they win this game tonight, although that would be nice.

All I'm really hoping and wishing is, when I come home from the Christmas concert I must attend for the first two periods tonight, the Habs will have scored a goal. Just one goal. That's it.

I think it's not too much to ask that the team to which I've devoted years of loyalty, time and emotion score one lousy goal to avoid being humiliated yet again at the hands of that wretched Martin Brodeur. I don't know if I can stand seeing him set another career milestone against the Habs. I just hate that guy.

So, come on, Habs. Throw a fan a bone and score a goal tonight. It's not a very big present, but it would mean a lot.

5 comments:

dusty said...

I too hope the Habs can score a goal against the Devils tonight. But I'm greedy and hoping they don't get blown off the ice. Which would you prefer lose 1-0 or 7-1? I've hated the Devils for years but in my old age I've come to see that it's only jealousy. The shutouts are really team stats and Brodeur is a really nice guy. Too bad Lou isn't our GM. Oh well, life goes on.

Anonymous said...

You are so on the ball J.T. I'm hoping the same thing. Don't care about the 2 points tonight, just one small garbage (or not) goal.

DB said...

You hate Brodeur. You hate Crosby. Guess you'll have a lot of fun cheering for the Canadian Olympic hockey team. Go Canada Go, but not Crosby or Brodeur.

J.T. said...

@DB: Oh, of course that's *NHL* hatred only. I hate those guys because they hurt the Habs so often. When they're wearing the red and white, I cheer for them all the way! It'd be the same if they switched NHL uniforms too. During the NHL season though, when they're beating the Habs, the gloves are off.

Anonymous said...

I fail to see how Weber, Carle or Subban can be much worst than Ryan "Mr. 2008-2009 revisited" O'Byrne.I can't take anymore of his defensive play or his penalties. He might even be more useful to the team when he's in the penalty box...