Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thanks!

Thank you all so much for your lovely personal stories of Habs dedication. It was heartwarming to read about your own histories with the team we all love. I randomly picked a winner from among all the people who posted, and the winner of a very silly, but kinda neat piece of Habs merchandise is Darcy. If you can email your address to habsloyalist@gmail.com, I'll get your prize in the mail for you.

Thanks again for all the cool stories. If anyone has something they'd particularly like to read about, or a former Hab you'd like to catch up with, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

4 comments:

Raj said...

JT: If you're able to, I'd like to know what happened to Marc Tardif (bolted for the WHA), Michel Larocque and Yvon Lambert.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Marc Tardif has two very successful dealerships (Kia and Toyota) in Quebec city. Michel Laroque died from brain cancer back in 1992 and Yvon Lambert is stil very activel around the Canadiens as a sort of Ambassador (without the title). He often performs charity auctions and can be seen at a multitude of golf tournaments and is also regularly seen and heard on local radio and TV.

J.T. said...

Thanks, anon. I was going to post this, but you beat me to it.

@Raj: Michel Larocque sadly died of brain cancer when he was only 40 years old. I talked to Ken Dryden about that, and he's still quite sad about his old netmate's early death.

Yvon Lambert does a lot of self-promotion around Montreal, still dining out on the OT goal he scored against the Bruins in the 1979 playoffs. I saw him with Reggie Houle at the Old Orchard pub last time I was in Montreal.

Marc Tardif is running a couple of car dealerships in Quebec City

JB said...

Didn't Yvon used to have his own 'brasserie' in Montreal back in the 90s? I remember meeting him back then, and talking about that. Did he just decide to get out of that business?