Saturday, November 21, 2009

Wings vs. Habs - One More Stupid Jersey Edition

Notes on the third:

-Does Cammalleri have enough time left in the season to get fifty? He's the best signing of the lot from last summer.

-Whatever else, this team has more heart than a deck of cards.

-Lapierre's new role appears to be "Guy who takes late penalty to make things interesting."

-But seriously...can we PLEASE kill that delay-of-game penalty for shooting the puck out. Worst. Penalty. In. Hockey.

-I think Pleks' pants were falling down. Every time the camera was on him he was pulling them up. I guess that's what happens when you're trying to contain two giant brass balls.

-Hammer's picked a helluva time to have a fantastic season. The Habs'd be ten points lower in the standings without him.

-Too bad they couldn't pull it off in OT, but it's an early Christmas miracle that they managed to snag a point tonight. Adeste fideles.


Notes on the second:

-The more I think about it, the angrier I'm getting at that stupid Laraque penalty fest. If I'm Gainey, I waive him tomorrow. He's a disgrace to Craig Ludwig's number.

-I think no-touch icing would be safer for players, but isn't it fun when a Hab beats out an icing like Pax did?

-What the hell's with all the gratuitous falling down? The Canadiens spent more time on their knees than a gaggle of nuns.

-The worst part about this is the Habs are actually playing pretty well at even strength.

-I'm liking the little Bulldog puppies. So jowly and growly.

-Some unusual hesitation in Gorges' game tonight. You can almost see him thinking, which is not good. Defencemen should never think.

-As the remaining good players play bigger and bigger minutes, you just have to wonder who's going to be the next injury in the pile. It's like the hockey version of Jenga.

-Chipchura was sent away last year to improve his faceoffs. I haven't checked the numbers, but it seems he's done that. Too bad he would have sat tonight in favour of the Useless Vegan if Gomez had played.

-Andrei Kostitsyn just doesn't seem that smart. He's got a ton of talent, but he makes dumb decisions. I guess that's the definition of idiot savant, though, isn't it?

-Moen on the boards is as effective as penicillin on the clap.

-Just get 'em to OT, boys. Then you have 'em where you want 'em.



Notes on the first:

-Moen, Metropolit and Cammalleri. I think we can stop calling them the "first" line at this point.

-Laraque mumbling to himself during the anthems: God, make me a bird so I can fly far, far away from here. Me mumbling at the end of the period: I wish God had listened.

-The sweaters are freaking me out. Way too leafish.

-Gomez' contract is not my favourite thing in the world. It actually ranks somewhere between the Bruins and hemorrhoids. But the team misses him on the ice, especially when they're more than half the period on the PK.

-Superstitious? Price still in the country-'n-western mask he's worn through this good streak. Red pads too, instead of the retro ones.

-I swear I saw a two-man forecheck by the boys in bleu. Was it an accident, I wonder?

-White hits like a November gale.

-I'm getting nervous for the first time this season. It hasn't happened all year because I haven't expected anything out of these guys. Where have these expectations come from?

-When Laraque's in the box for longer than he'd likely be on the ice during the game, and it *isn't* for fighting, he needs to be gone. Now. Last year, actually, but I'll take now. Idiot.

-Damn it. Nearly killed six minutes and then that stupid bounce-in. Price has to be the unluckiest goalie in the entire world. How many of those kinds of flukes go in on him?

-It started out so well, and ended in utter crap. It's the on-ice version of The Godfather movies.

-Death by stupidity.

3 comments:

Howard said...

JT, too bad you couldn't make it to the summit. Met some really nice people. Interesting observation on Pleks. I noticed the constant tugging at the pants too. He's come along way from his little girl's outfit!

Howard said...

I think I figured out Pleks...he's adjusting his Superman suit that he wears underneath!

Number31 said...

Brass balls! Perfect and obvious reason.

I'm proud of what they did and how they crawled back, but Laraque just lost a fan. OUT, DAMN'D SPOT! See, White knows how to hit people. Do that? If a 240lb mass of meat would hit the way White did, there wouldn't be 6 minutes of penalties and a probable suspension. Hopefully he'll be gone by the time Leblanc comes to play so the #17 can go to someone useful.